GoI Designates 5 New Ramsar Sites, taking total number to 54
- Five new wetlands of International importance have been designated in India. With this, the total numbers of Ramsar sites in the country have been increased from 49 to 54 Ramsarsites. Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, BhupenderYadav said, “Delighted to inform that 5 more Indian wetlands have got Ramsar recognition as wetlands of international importance.”
The five newly designated wetlands are:
- Karikili Bird Sanctuary, Tamil Nadu
- Pallikaranai Marsh Reserve Forest, Tamil Nadu
- Pichavaram Mangrove, Tamil Nadu
- Pala wetland, Mizoram
- SakhyaSagar, Madhya Pradesh.
Weekly Current Affairs Bit Bank (Science & Technology): In which country the first known human case of H3N8 bird flu has been reported?
>> Download Current Affairs PDFs Here
Download Sakshi Education Mobile APP
Published date : 28 Jul 2022 05:14PM