India – Jamaica Relations: Immense scope for cooperation
- President Ram Nath Kovind addressed the joint sitting of both houses of Jamaican parliament.
- He was accorded a ceremonial welcome by President of Senate of Jamaica Thomas Tavares- Finson and speaker of the house Marisa Dalrymple. Delivering a welcome address, Jamaican Prime Minister Andrew Holness said the help provided by India has deepened the relationship between the two nations.
- President Kovind appraised the parliament of the technological developments where India is taking the lead. He made special reference to how the education sector of India is progressing.
- President Kovind said India shares Jamaica's ‘Vision 2030’ goals of empowering its people and ensuring a secure, cohesive, and just society while becoming a prosperous and sustainable economy. He said there is immense scope for cooperation and mutual learning between the two nations including business, railways, agriculture, hospitality, and tourism.
- On completion of the speech, the visit ended with President Kovind signing the Visitor's book in the presence of the president of the Senate and the speaker of the house of Jamaica.
Published date : 18 May 2022 06:19PM