APPSC Recruitment for Women; Check eligibility, exam pattern and preparation tips!!
Preparation Guidance for Extension Officer Posts
The selection process has started for the recruitment of Extension Officer Grade-1 posts in the Department of Women Development and Child Welfare. Women with a Bachelor's degree in Home Science, Food Science, Nutrition, Social Work, etc. are eligible for these scales. The selection process is based on a written test. In this context, let us check Selection Procedure and Preparation Guidance.
Women's development and child welfare are one of the top priorities of the Government of Andhra Pradesh. APPSC has recently issued a notification to fill the vacant Extension Officer posts in all the key departments. Only women candidates are eligible to apply for these posts. Experts say it is easy for those who are academically proficient in their respective subjects to succeed in this exam.
Total number of posts: 22
Post Details: Extension Officer Grade – 1 (Supervisor)
Extension Officer Posts Eligibility:
Candidates should have bachelor's degree in any one of the following - Food Science and Nutrition, Applied Nutrition and Public Health, Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics, Food Sciences and Quality Control, Food Technology and Management, Home Science / Social Work / Sociology / Food Science and Nutrition.
Age must be between 18–42 years old by July 1, 2021. Candidates in the reserved category will be given relaxation in the maximum age limit as per the rules.
These Extension Officer posts in the Subordinate Service of the Department of Women Development and Child Welfare to be recruited by APPSC are referred to as Grade – 1 posts. These Extension Officers are also known as Supervisors. Their salary range is Rs 24,440 – Rs 71,510.
Extension Officer Posts: Selection procedure
The final selection of candidates will be based on a written test conducted online (Computer Based Test). This online test consists of two papers for a total of 300 marks.
Paper 2 Home Science and Social Work: 150 questions - 150 marks.
- All questions are asked in an objective-type multiple-choice manner.
- This written test is conducted as a Computer Based Test (CBT).
- The examination time for each paper is two and a half hours.
- Each wrong answer will attract 1/3 of the negative marks allotted for that question.
Candidates for Extension Officer posts are selected on the basis of merit achieved in the written test. Taking into account the available posts, posts allotted to reserved categories, etc., appointments will be finalized by compiling a merit list in the respective categories.
- How to apply: Apply online.
- Online Application Dates: November 18 – December 8, 2021
- Application Fee Payment Deadline: December 7, 2021
- Amendment in Online Application: Amendments can be made within seven days from the last date of application.
- Website: https://-psc.ap.gov.in
Extension Officer Posts: Preparation Guidance
Candidates have to come up with a definite preparation plan to excel in the Extension Officer written test which is conducted in two papers.
Paper-1 (General Studies and Mental Ability)
- Internationally and nationally important issues need to be grasped on contemporary developments. Thoroughly check on the recently concluded COP-26 Conference, UN Reports on the subject, recent bilateral meetings between India and other countries, agreements, etc.
- Must master current affairs related to national and international issues related to politics, economy, society, science, technology, arts, sports, culture and governance.
- With regard to current affairs, one should focus on the developments that took place during the period of one month before and one year before the examination.
- Updates on latest policies, schemes, Navratnas and other issues related to contemporary issues in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- In the context of conducting examinations for posts belonging to the Department of Women Development and Child Welfare, it is necessary to know about the measures taken by the government for the development of women and children in AP and the welfare schemes being implemented specifically for them.
- Give priority to the history of Andhra Pradesh... The important events in the history of modern India should be mastered.
- Stay updated on the latest developments in politics, governance, the constitution, recent technological developments in governance (e-governance, etc.). Also, should pay special attention to the new administrative policies being undertaken by the AP government.
- From the time of independence to the present day in relation to economic development... you need to know the economic progress of the country, the order of the economy.
- In geography, India as well as Andhra Pradesh should be focused. Keep a note on natural resources, especially the areas where they are available, and how they contribute to development.
- Check latest developments related to disaster management, sustainable development, environmental protection, as well as basic objectives that have been gaining prominence in recent times.
- In Mental Ability, study Logical Reasoning, Data, Flow Charts, Data Analysis skills.
- Above all, the post-partition developments and problems in Andhra Pradesh in particular should be read with special attention.
- Thorough study of the key elements of the 2021–22 budget, AP, India Socio-Economic Surveys, key details and statistics is important.
Paper-2 (Home Science and Social Work):
The question from this paper will be asked on Food Science and Nutrition, . Child Development and Social work. You need to follow relevant degree text books and master practice questions to excel in this paper.