IIT JAM 2023 notification ; exam to be held on February 12: Check details here
Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati has released the IIT JAM 2023 notification, The JAM 2023 exam will be conducted on February 12. The online application for IIT JAM 2023 will begin from September 7, 2022. Joint Admission Test for MSc programmes or JAM is a computer based test (CBT) conducted every year for admission to MSc, joint PhD and other courses at 21 IITs and IISc Bangalore.
Eligibility Requirements (ERs) for Admission:
- Candidates who qualify in JAM 2023 must fulfill the following Eligibility Requirements (ERs) for admissions to IITs.
- Candidates should have passed an undergraduate degree or should be currently studying in their final year of undergradue programme. Proof of having passed the undergraduate degree should be submitted by September 30, 2023.
- Candidates promoted without a marksheet should produce a certificate stating the subjects studied in that semester/year duly signed by the Head of the Institute.
- Foreign nationals with Indian degree are eligible to apply, subject to policy of the Admitting Institute.
Exam pattern & details:
- JAM 2023 is a Computer Based Test (CBT) to be conducted in SEVEN different subjects: Biotechnology (BT), Chemistry (CY), Economics (EN), Geology (GG), Mathematical Statistics (MS), Mathematics (MA), Physics (PH).
- Fully objective type, with three types of questions: (i) Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), (ii) Multiple Select Questions (MSQ), and (iii) Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions.
- The IIT JAM 2023 will be held in two shifts - forenoon and afternoon. The forenoon exam will consist of subjects tests like chemistry, mathematics, geology and the afternoon shifts include subject tests like biotechnology, economics, physics and mathematical statistics. For admission to 2023-24 academic session, IIT Guwahati has been given responsibility to conduct the IIT JAM exam. In 2022, IIT Roorkee conducted the JAM examination.
- Candidates can appear for either ONE or TWO test papers.
How to apply: Applicants can fill the IIT JAM application form 2023 by visiting the official website of JAM - jam.iitg.ac.in.
- Online application for Examination: 7th September to 11th October, 2023.
- Date of Examination: 12th February, 2023.
- Declaration of JAM 2023 results: 22nd March, 2023.
- Online application for Admission: 11th to 25th April, 2023.