Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System
By Krishna Pradeep, Director, 21st Century IAS.
Web based Centralized Public Grievance Redress and Monitoring System (CPGRAMS) was brought by Modi government to improve transparency in functioning of Government and bring accountability.
Features of CPGRAMs:
- It is implemented in all ministries and departments of Government of India and also with local languages software facility also provided called CPGRAMS – States.
- A Public Grievance call centre has been setup for receiving grievances by Public in Central Government for this Citizens charter about list of services should be updated regularly in websites.
- Due to this, all hierarchies, paperwork are removed and services are delivered to common man.
Features of CPGRAMs:
- CPGRAMs is an integrated application system based on web technology which aims at submission of grievances by Citizens from anywhere anytime.
- CPGRAMS provides generated unique registration number upon online submission of grievances from aggrieved citizens to concerned ministry through website.
- Automatic Online data transmission between ministries/organisations and subordinate organisation facilitated by CPGRAMS.
- It enhances speedy and effective redress of grievances.
- Monitoring of procedures by adopting comprehensive classification and standardization of grievances and redressal actions across governmental organisations.
- CPGRAMS also facilitate ministries/departments to enter the grievances received locally in their offices and to forward same to subordinate organisations online for ultimate redress.
- It facilitates monitoring pending grievances.
- To serve platform for giving information related to public grievance and to monitor the redress of these grievances.
- To enable citizens reach to lodge complaint online.
- To enable ministries/departments/ organisations to scrutinize and take action without delay.
- To enable citizens to keep track of status of complaint online.
- To eliminate physical forwarding of complaints to ministries/ departments concerned.
- Lack of Literacy
Lack of e-literacy among citizens to file a complaint online.
- No rural access
Rural connectivity is less due to Broadband connections to rural areas could not access online services.
- Cyber attack
There could be threat to cyber-attack for online portals.
Cost is one of the most important factor for maintaining CPGRAMS to manage we required skilled personnel and salaries and management is highly costly.
- Resistant to change in people
People do not equip with innovation so easily they approach office and prefer paper work.
Published date : 09 Oct 2017 02:08PM