Union MoS Defence Ajay Bhatt participates in UN Peacekeeping Ministerial Meeting in Ghana
- Union Minister of State for Defence, Ajay Bhatt on Wednesday (6th December 2023) participated in the 2023 United Nations Peacekeeping Ministerial Meeting in Accra, Ghana.
- Mr Ajay Bhatt outlined the challenges being faced by peacekeepers and the role of women in peacekeeping in the current environment.
- He also announced substantial pledges on behalf of India to support the United Nations peacekeeping operations. India has been the leading troop contributing country to the United Nations peacekeeping effort.
- According to the Ministry of Defence in the last seven decades, India has contributed more than 2,75,000 troops in 53 different missions.
- On the sidelines of the United Nations Peacekeeping ministerial meeting, the Minister also participated in bilateral meetings with several friendly foreign countries to discuss matters of mutual interest and defence cooperation.
Download Sakshi Education Mobile APP
Published date : 08 Dec 2023 10:22AM