15th June, 2022 Current Affairs
NeSDA Report 2021: Kerala topped among states
- The National e-governance service delivery assessment (NeSDA) report 2021 was published recently. The report was released on June 13, 2022. NeSDA helps the respective governments improve their delivery of citizen centric services and shares best practices across the country for all States, UTs and Central Ministries to emulate. DARPG embarked on the second edition of NeSDA study in January 2021.
- NeSDA helps the respective governments improve their delivery of citizen centric services and shares best practices across the country for all States, UTs and Central Ministries to emulate.
- Sectors Covered: NeSDA 2021 covers services across seven sectors
- Labour & Employment,
- Local Governance & Utility Services,
- Social Welfare,
- Environment and
- Tourism sectors.
NeSDA report 2021: Key points
- Top Rankers: Overall, in NeSDA 2021, Kerala had the highest overall compliance score amongst all the States and UTs.
- Among UTs: Jammu and Kashmir, assessed first time in NeSDA 2021, scored highest among all UTs for six sectors.
- Among North-east and Hill States: Meghalaya and Nagaland are the leading state portals with an overall compliance of 90% across all assessment parameters.
- Among Remaining State Category: Kerala, Odisha, Tamil Nadu, Punjab, Karnataka and Uttar Pradesh had a compliance of more than 85% among the remaing state category.
- Among North-East and Hill States: The highest-ranking states of Meghalaya and Tripura showed improvement across all sectors compared to NeSDA 2019.
- Among Remaining State Category: The overall score of Tamil Nadu increased the most in 2021 compared to 2019. Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Punjab, Goa, and Odisha also improved the compliance of their services portals by 100%.
Global Wind Day 2022 celebrates globally on 15th June
- On 15th June, Global Wind Day is celebrated across the world, annually and it is marked as a day of discovering the possibilities of wind power. It is a day for discovering wind, its power and the possibilities it holds to reshape our energy systems.
- This day is dedicated to learn about wind energy and its potential to reshape energy systems, decarbonizing economies and boosting employment as well as growth. The purpose of this day is to increase public knowledge of wind energy and its uses.
- The First Wind Day was commemorated in 2007 by the European Wind Energy Association (EWEA). In 2009 the EWEA collaborated with the Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC) and made it a global event. WindEurope and GWEC from then celebrate this day together. In 2012, the clubs promoted photography competition where people were encouraged to capture the best picture keeping in mind the theme of the year.
NirmalaSitharaman inaugurated National Museum of Customs and GST in Goa
- Union Finance Minister, NirmalaSitharaman has inaugurated the National Museum of Customs and GST “Dharohar” in Goa as part of the AzadiKaAmritMahotsav Iconic week of the Ministry of Finance, being celebrated from June 6 to 12.
- The two-storey ‘Blue building’, which was earlier known as Alfandega, during the period of Portuguese rule in Goa, has been standing on the banks of the Mandovi River in Panaji for more than 400 years.
- Dharohar is one of its kind museum in the country that showcases not only the artefacts seized by Indian Customs but also depicts various aspects of work performed by the Customs Department while safeguarding the economic frontiers of the country, its heritage, flora & fauna and the society.
Max Verstappen won Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2022
- Red Bull’s Max Verstappen won the Azerbaijan Formula One Grand Prix 2022 (his fifth victory of the season). In the process, Verstappen became the most successful driver in the Red Bull of all time. Red Bull’s Sergio Perez came second and Mercedes’ George Russell came at the third spot.
- However, the day was all about Max Verstappen who had one of the best races in his season, finishing on the podium after starting from number three. In the process, Verstappen became the most successful driver in the Red Bull of all time. The 24-year-old now has 66 podiums for Red Bull and is tied ninth for the most race wins alongside Jim Clark and NikiLauda.