Video Resume... Shows your thoughts, skills…!!
What actually is a video resume? A Video resume is a creative way for students to showcase their qualifications and presentation skills online. Here, the jobseeker verbally communicates with the employers to grab their attention. They discuss about their skills, experiences and qualifications in the video. A well executed video CV will always complement your paper resume. It can also help convey your talents and personality.
After knowing about the video resume, it is also important to know about the key points to be remembered while making it? Here are some tips for a successful video CV.
- See some of the video resumes that are available in internet.
- Practice the script louder before the video shoot.
- Dress professionally in business attire, just as if you were going to a face to face interview.
- Make sure there isn't any background noise and that the wall behind you is attractive. Check the lighting around you before shooting the video.
- Look straight to the camera. While talking don’t look up, beside or below in video.
- Keep your video resume short: one - three minutes.
- Be confident and don’t speak too fast.
- Start by mentioning your name (first and last).
- Focus on your professional endeavors, not your personal ones.
- Mention your education qualifications and experiences clearly. Discuss why you would be a good employee and what you can do for the company that hires you.
- Lastly, thank the recruiter with a smile for considering you for employment.