4135 PO posts; Check Qualifications, Selection process and Preparation Strategy
IBPS, Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is an autonomous body set up to carry out the selection process for the posts of Clerk, PO and Specialist Officer in Public Sector Banks. IBPS issues notifications for recruitment of respective posts every year
Performing. As per latest notification, IBPS is seeking applications for 4,135 PO / MT (Management Trainee) posts in various public sector banks for the year 2022–23.
8 Banks .. 4,135 posts
According to the IBPS notification, there are 4,135 PO / MT vacancies in all the eight public sector banks.
Bank wise details of vacancies:
- Bank of India – 588,
- Bank of Maharashtra – 400,
- Canara Bank – 650,
- Central Bank of India – 620,
- Indian Overseas Bank – 98,
- Punjab and Sind Bank – 427,
- UCO Bank – 440,
- Union Bank of India – 912.
In fact, three other government banks (Bank of Baroda, Indian Bank, Punjab National Bank) also make recruitments through IBPS. No details have been received from these banks regarding vacancies in the year 2022–23. With this, IBPS has issued a notification for the recruitment of posts in eight banks.
IBPS PO Eligibility
- Must have a bachelor's degree from a recognized university by November 10, 2021.
- Age: Must be between 21–30 years (born between October 2, 1991 – October 01, 2001) by October 1, 2021). Five years for SC / STs and relaxation in the maximum age limit of three years for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) candidates.
IBPS PO Selection process
The IBPS PO / MT selection process will be done in three stages. They are Preliminary, Main and Personal Interview. Preliminary and main examinations are conducted in an objective manner and online.
The first stage of the selection process is the preliminary examination for one hundred marks in three sections. They are..
- English Language 30 Questions –30 Marks,
- Quantitative Aptitude 35 Questions –35 Marks,
- Reasoning Ability 35 Questions –35 Marks
The total test time is 60 minutes at a rate of 20 minutes per section.
Candidates will be selected for the Main exam based on the marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination and the prescribed cutoff. Specific cutoff marks are required in each section of the Preliminary Examination. Candidates are selected in the ratio of 1:10 from Prelims to Main.
IBPS PO Main exam
Main Exam consists of objective and descriptive tests. The Main Objective Examination is conducted online for a total of 155 questions - 200 marks in four sections. The test time is three hours.
- Reasoning and Computer Aptitude 45Q 60M 60 min
- General / Economy / Banking Awareness 40Q 40M 35min
- English Language 35Q 40M 40 min
- Data Analysis and Interpretation 35Q 60M 45 min
- Total 155 Q 200M 3 hrs
English Descriptive Test
An English Descriptive Test is also administered as part of the Main Examination. Candidates are required to write Essay and Letter Writing in English in this essay type section. The marks allotted for this are 25. Exam time is 30 minutes. This is done with the intention of testing the English knowledge of the candidates.
In the online system, negative marking rule is being implemented in both the prelims and the main exams which are conducted as objective tests. 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Section wise cut-off and overall cut-offs will be prescribed for the main candidates. Personal interview will be conducted at the end for the shortlisted candidates. The marks allotted for this interview are 100. Candidates are required to achieve minimum qualifying marks.
80 per cent weightage for marks in the main examination and 20 per cent weightage for the personal interview marks i.e., candidates Main, Interview marks will be codified to one hundred marks weightage.
How to succeed in IBPS PO Exam
Candidates competing for SBI PO can prepare for IBPS PO exam at the same time.
- First of all, one should strive to master the reasoning which is crucial in both the prelims and the main. Awareness of Series, Analogy, Coding-D Coding, Directions, Blood Relations, Rankings, Seating Arrangements, Syllabuses.
- The focus should be more on arithmetic in relation to the quantitative aptitude section. Practice questions related to Square Roots, Cube Roots, Percentages, Time and Distance, Time and Work, Profit and Loss, Ratio. In addition, the number-series and data analysis sections should also be studied. The result is a chance to get good marks in both prelims and mains.
- Candidates need to improve their analytical ability, comparative data analysis, and computation skills to excel in data interpretation. Practice compiling information on graph-based data such as tables, diagrams, number data, line graph, bar graph, etc.
- Be aware of recent changes in the national financial sector regarding General / Economy / Banking Awareness, the duty policies of banks and the schemes they are announcing. Must master the terminology used in banking and finance.
- Starting with the basic grammar for the English language and working up to the vocabulary. Special attention should be paid to Reading Comprehension, Correction of Sentences, Jumbled Sentences, Prepositions, Articles.
- It is better to read English dailies and editorials for descriptive English essay writing and letter writing.
IBPS PO / MT - (11) – 2022–23 Information
- Last date for online application: 10.11.2021
- Preliminary Call Letters Download: November / December, 2021
- Preliminary Exam (Online) Dates: December 4th and 11th
- Preliminary results: December 2021 / January 2022.
- Main Call Letter Download: December 2021 / January 2022.
- Main Online Exam Date: January 2022
- Main results revealed: January / February 2022
- Interview Call Letter Download: February 2022
- Personal Interviews: February / March 2022
- Provisional allotment: April 2022
- Website for full details: https://www.ibps.in/
- Online Application Website: https://ibpsonline.ibps.in/crppo11jul21
Must Check: Bank Exams Bit Bank and Study Material