APPSC: Industrial Promotion Officer Exam Pattern and Syllabus
APPSC Industrial Promotion Officer Exam Pattern
PAPER -I General Studies & Mental ability (Degree standard): 150M 150Q 150Min
PAPER -II Applied Science, Engineering and Management (Diploma Standard): 150M 150Q 150Min
Total 300 Marks
For each wrong answer will be penalized with 1/3rd of the marks prescribed for the question.
APPSC Industrial Promotion Officer Syllabus
PAPER-I GENERAL STUDIES AND MENTAL ABILITY
1. Events of national and international importance.
2. Current affairs- international, national and regional.
3. General Science and it applications to the day to day life Contemporary developments in Science & Technology and information Technology.
4. Social- economic and political history of modern India with emphasis on Andhra Pradesh.
5. Indian polity and governance: constitutional issues, public policy, reforms and e-governance initiatives with specific reference to Andhra Pradesh.
6. Economic development in India since independence with emphasis on Andhra Pradesh.
7. Physical geography of Indian sub-continent and Andhra Pradesh.
8. Disaster management: vulnerability profile, prevention and mitigation strategies, Application of Remote Sensing and GIS in the assessment of Disaster.
9. Sustainable Development and Environmental Protection.
10. Logical reasoning, analytical ability and data interpretation.
11. Data Analysis: a) Tabulation of data. b) Visual representation of data. c) Basic data analysis (Summary Statistics such as mean, median, mode, Variance and coefficient of variation) and Interpretation.
12. Bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and its Administrative, Economic, Social, Cultural, Political, and Legal implications/problems.
Check complete syllabus below