Matric cum Means Based Scholarship for Meritorious Students 2020
Rate of Scholarship
Rate of Scholarship Course Fee
Rs. 20,000/- per annum subject to actuals whichever is less (for both Hosteller & Day Scholar)
Rs. 1,000/- per month for Hosteller
Scholarship for listed institutes
Full course fee is reimbursed for 85 listed Institutes.
- Students who get admission to a college to pursue technical/professional courses, on the basis of a competitive examination will be eligible for the scholarship.
- Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination and the annual income of whose parents/guardians from all sources does not exceed Rs.2.50 lakh.
- Financial assistance will be given to pursue graduate level or post graduate level technical and professional courses from a recognized institution Admission and Course fee and Maintenance allowance for the year of scholarship will be credited/ transferred directly into the bank account of selected students.
- Students who get admission in technical/professional courses without taking any competitive examination will also be eligible for scholarship. However, such students should have secured not less than 50% marks in last qualifying exam at higher secondary/graduation level in case of Fresh Scholarship only. Selection of these students will be done strictly on merit basis
- An Income Certificate, issued from a Competent Authority in the State/UT Governments is required in respect of parent/guardian of the student.
- A Self-Certified Community Certificate is required from the student who has attained 18 years of age. For others the Community Certificate certified by parent/guardian of the student is required.
- The continuance of award (for Renewal applicants) will be subject to securing 50% marks in the previous year’s examination (each semester / trimester of previous year provided the students pursues the same course in same Institute).
- Maintenance allowance will be provided to hostellers and day scholars.
- The award will be discontinued if a student fails to secure 50% marks in the previous annual examination.
- Scholarship will not be given to more than two students from a family (applicable for all three Scholarship schemes meant for minorities under this Ministry taken together).
- Students should be regular in attendance for which the yardstick will be decided by the competent authority of the institutions.
- The institute will certify the claim of student of being an outstation student not residing in hostel of the institute concerned on the basis of permanent address and parents’ address.
- Migration of students from one school/institute to another is not allowed for renewal applicants during the period of academic course.
- If a student violates institution’s discipline or any other terms and conditions of the scholarship, scholarship may be suspended or cancelled. The State Government/Union Territory Administration can also directly cancel the award if duly satisfied of the reasons of violation of these regulations governing the scheme.
- If a student is found to have obtained a scholarship by false statement, his/her scholarship will be cancelled forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid will be recovered by the concerned State/UT Govt. The student shall also be black listed and debarred for scholarship in any scheme forever.
- The Course fees and Maintenance allowance will be credited to the student’s bank account directly under Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode.
- The student obtaining benefits under this scheme shall not be allowed to avail of benefits under any other scheme for this purpose.
- A student shall be eligible for only one scholarship out of all the available Scholarships of Central Government meant for SC/ST/OBC/minority.
How to apply: Candidates can apply online only.
Last Date: October 31, 2020
For more details, please visit: https://scholarships.gov.in/public/schemeGuidelines/MoMA_MCM_2018-20.pdf