Software Construction: Object-Oriented Design Online Course
The Software Construction: Object-Oriented Design is a free online course offered by University of British Columbia conducted by the Edx. In this course you can learn how to design large software systems that solve real-world problems using object-oriented design techniques.
About this course
- This course, part of the Software Development Micro Masters program, will dig deep into the principles of object oriented design, and introduce new abstraction techniques and design patterns.
- You will use these techniques to build an application that makes use of popular online services and APIs – the most complex software design project so far.
- By the end of the course, you will have a solid foundation in Java and Object-Oriented Design, as well as many software development concepts that can be applied to any language.
- Learners who enroll in the Verified track will receive staff grading for the course project and increased interaction with the instructors and staff.
What you'll learn
- How to read and use software design patterns
- To implement and test an object-oriented design
- How to develop an application using online services and APIs
Duration: 06 weeks
Timings: 8–10 hours per week