Power Searching with Google online course offered by Google
About this course
• Get the most out of your search engine skills!
• While searching on the Internet is easy and fast, it’s not intuitive or straightforward.
• This course, Power Searching with Google, covers everything you need to know to become a power searcher, someone who can find information quickly, effectively and accurately.
• This course will cover everything from search basics (how to make an effective query), up through advanced search tips and search feature methods (using operators like in text: file type: and site: to narrow your search), along with ways to determine if what you’re finding is credible.
• Each unit covers a fundamental aspect of online search, teaching you to be more guided and precise in your online research.
What you'll learn
• How to create an effective query, , including how to choose the right keywords
• The inside story of how Google creates its index and serves up good results to your query
• How to use all of the advanced operators, , including how to read the inside of a URL to your advantage
• How to determine if a site is credible or not
• Ways to use image searches to find examples of things you need (in ways you haven’t heard about)
• How to use Google Scholar, the repository of peer-reviewed scholarly information
• How to use Google Books for more than extracting a quote from a famous author
Duration: 03 weeks
Timings: 4 – 6 hours per week