Introduction to Cloud Computing Online Course offered by IBM
The Introduction to Cloud Computing is a free online course offered by IBM conducted by the Edx. Master the core concepts in Cloud Computing, from service and deployment models, to cloud architecture, security, new technologies, and possible careers.
About this course
- Please Note: Learners who successfully complete this IBM course can earn a skill badge —a detailed, verifiable and digital credential that profiles the knowledge and skills you’ve acquired in this course.
- Enroll to learn more, complete the course and claim your badge!
- This course introduces you to the core concepts of cloud computing.
- You will gain the foundational knowledge required for understanding cloud computing from both business and practitioner perspectives.
- You will learn about the definition and essential characteristics of cloud computing, its history, emerging trends, and the business case for cloud computing.
What you'll learn
- Essential characteristics and benefits of Cloud Computing e.g. pay-per-use, etc.
- Key Cloud Service Providers - IBM Cloud, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Alibaba Cloud, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc.
- Common cloud service models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and deployment models (Public, Private, Hybrid)
- Components of cloud infrastructure (Regions, Availability Zones, Data Centers, Virtualization, VMs, Bare Metal, Networking, and types of cloud storage (Direct Attached / Ephemeral, Persistant - File Storage, Block Storage, Object Storage, etc.)
- Emergent trends in cloud computing - including Hybrid Multi Cloud, Containers, Micro services, Server less, Cloud Native, DevOps, and Application Modernization
- Concepts in cloud security, encryption and monitoring
- Career options, cloud related professions, and their required skills
Duration: 03 weeks
Timings: 2 – 4 hours per week