Operations Management Online Course offered by IIM Bangalore
The Operations Management is a free online course offered by Indian Institute of Management Bangalore conducted by the Edx. Understand key aspects of business operations and lean management including capacity, productivity, quality, and supply chain.
About this course
- Have you ever wondered about the right methods to improve productivity, configure your supply chain or address the demand on hand?
- In recent years, businesses have strived to improve productivity and quality, reduce costs and delivery times, and embrace flexibility and innovation.
- These strategies are part of the Operations Management (OM) activities that service and manufacturing organizations engage in.
What you'll learn
- Identify an operations system with some known standard configurations
- Make an assessment of the complexity of an operations system
- Compute cycle times for operations and estimate capacity of the system
- Understand the various components of a supply chain and the need to configure them appropriately
- Identify methods for reducing bullwhip effect in supply chains
- Understand and relate the concept of Lean Management to one’s own business situation
- Initiate process & productivity improvement using NVA Analysis
- Use specific tools and techniques to analyze quality problems
- Monitor a process using control charts
Duration: 7 weeks
Timings: 2–4 hours per week
For more details, please visit: https://www.edx.org/course/operations-management
Events important dates