Finance Essentials Online Course
The Finance Essentials is a free online course offered by Imperial College London conducted by the Edx. Discover how to use fundamental finance tools in both management and MBA learning contexts and understand common financial situations faced in everyday life.
About this course
- Want to study for an MBA but are unsure of basic financial concepts?
- This business and management course prepares you for studying finance in an MBA program and in business generally.
- You will learn key financial topics such as present value, Internal Rate of Return (IRR), capital budgeting, equity, bonds, diversification, portfolio choice and the Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM), all of which are often discussed and explored in great detail in MBA programs across the globe as well as everyday business operations.
- A completely online course, you can work wherever and whenever you choose: at home, in the workplace, at a library, coffee shop or even while travelling (with the appropriate network access).
What you'll learn
- How to incorporate the time value of money to value assets
- Capital budgeting for a project (such as a flat or house purchase)
- Understand how to allocate assets for retirement
- Understand how risky cash flows are value
- Value a bond
- Understand how a yield curve is obtained
- Value a company
- Understand how a portfolio selection problem is solved
- Understand how correlations and diversification opportunities vary over time
- Implement the Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM) to estimate the required rate of return for risky assets
Duration: 6 weeks
Timings: 2 – 4 hours per week
For more details, please visit: https://www.edx.org/course/finance-essentials