International Human Rights Law online course
About this course
· Human rights are developed through the constant dialogue between international human rights bodies and domestic courts, in a search that crosses geographical, cultural and legal boundaries.
· The result is a unique human rights grammar, which this course shall discuss and question, examining the sources of human rights, the rights of individuals, the duties of States, and the mechanisms of protection.
· We shall rely extensively on comparative material from different jurisdictions, to study a wide range of topics including, religious freedom in multicultural societies, human rights in employment relationships, economic and social rights in development, or human rights in the context of the fight against terrorism.
What you'll learn
· Analyze and comment on key controversies surrounding the development of international human rights law
· Use conceptual tools to follow the developments of human rights law
· Be most effective in contributing to the enforcement of international human rights law
Duration: 12 weeks
Timings: 6 – 8 hours per week
For more details, please visit: https://www.edx.org/course/international-human-rights-law