Introduction to Aeronautical Engineering online course
The Introduction to Aeronautical Engineering is a free online course offered by Delft University of Technology conducted by the Edx. Discover the science behind flying by investigating aeronautics, aerodynamics and flight mechanics
About this course
- Have you ever flown in an airplane and are you curious about how flying works?
- Are you interested in the fundamental concepts behind flying? How does a wing generate lift?
- And how can we fly as optimally as possible?
- This course provides an introduction to the fundamentals of aeronautics, using a tour through the history of flight, starting with ballooning and continuing on to airplanes and helicopters.
- Experts from the Faculty of Aerospace Engineering of Delft University of Technology will help you explore and discover the fundamentals of flight, in three blocks.
What you'll learn
- The impact of the history of flight on aircraft today.
- How the earth's atmosphere can be modelled and how we can use this for aircraft design.
- Stability, structures, navigation and propulsion of aircraft.
- The fundamental aerodynamic concepts for flying an aircraft.
- How airfoils and wings generate lift.
- Flight mechanics of aircraft.
- How aircraft can optimally climb, descend and cruise
Duration: 7 weeks
Timings: 10 – 12 hours per week