Skip to main content

85% Category-B Medical Seats for Local Students in AP!

The AP state government has announced that 85% category-B medical seats will be available for local students.
NEET Admissions in AP

It is known that MBBS, BDS and AYUSH admissions have started in AP. Meanwhile, the AP govt. has revised the admission rules by reserving 85 percent of the B category seats for MBBS and BDS courses in private medical colleges for AP students. In this regard, Chief Secretary of Medical and Health Department Krishna Babu issued an order on Wednesday.

Also Read: NEET 2022 Counselling in AP for Admission into MBBS, BDS and Ayush Courses Begins: Check Number of Seats

There are 11 government, 15 private and 2 minority medical colleges in the state. While there are 2,450 MBBS seats in private colleges, this year two private medical colleges have increased by 100 seats at the rate of 50 per college. On the other hand, permission has been given for admissions in Sri Bology Medical College in Renigunta of Tirupati district. 150 MBBS seats will be available here. That means 2,700 MBBS seats will be available in private colleges this academic year. In this, 35 percent i.e. 945 seats are under B category. Till last year students of all states were eligible for these.

Also Read: MBBS in Hindi Language from October 16, 2023!!

According to the latest decision, 85 percent seats i.e. 804 seats in B category will be reserved exclusively for AP students. Only remaining 15 percent seats will be available for other state students in open quota. Students of AP state also have a chance in open quota.

So far there is no local reservation in the 35 per cent quota under 'B' category. As a result, students from other states would have more chances to get 'B' category MBBS seats. The recent decision of the government will greatly benefit AP students.

Published date : 13 Oct 2022 05:17PM

Photo Stories