Weekly Current Affairs (Science & Technology) Quiz (09-15 April 2023)
1. Which organization has successfully tested the System Demonstration Model for Mission Gaganyaan?
A. India Space Research Organisation
B. Defence Research and Development Organisation
C. Russian Space Agency
D. European Space Agency
2. In which state did NGRI scientists discover rare-earth elements (REEs)?
A. Dharwad District – Maharashtra
B. Bellary District – Karnataka
C. Anantapur district – Andhra Pradesh
D. Salem District – Tamil Nadu
3. Where was the solar-powered ‘cloth bag ATM’ installed?
4. In which state the world’s first Asian King Vulture conservation and breeding centre will be inaugurated?
C. Uttar Pradesh
D. West Bengal
5. How many nuclear reactors did the Union government approve for installation in the country recently?
6. Where is the headquarters of the Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure located which was in news recently?
D. New Delhi
7. In which state was the solar-powered tourist boat "Sooryamshu" launched?
8. Which country's private space company, Space Pioneer, launched its first "Tianlong-2" rocket?
9. Where did the Prime Minister recently inaugurate the program 'Commemoration of 50 years of Project Tiger'?
10. To how much number the growth of Tiger population grew in 2022 as per Tiger Census 2022 released by Prime Minister Narendra Modi?
11. Which country tested the nuclear-capable underwater attack drone ‘Haeil-2’?
A. South Korea
B. North Korea
12. Which country has reported the first death from H3N8 bird flu, according to the World Health Organization (WHO)?
13. Which IIT partnered with UIDAI to develop a touchless biometric capture system?
A. IIT Bhubaneswar
B. IIT Roorkee
C. IIT Bombay
D. IIT Delhi
14. By which year does the Government of India aim to achieve a nearly 9% share of electricity generation from nuclear sources?
15. Which state's Suhelwa sanctuary has recorded the first photographic proof of tigers?
A. Uttar Pradesh
B. Madhya Pradesh
C. Arunachal Pradesh
D. Andhra Pradesh
16. Which country has developed a new domestically-built suicide drone that can destroy targets within a range of 450 kilometres?
17. Which country was the first to approve the Oxford malaria vaccine for children?