Weekly Current Affairs (Science & Technology) Quiz (19-25 August 2023)
1. Where is India's first 3D-printed post office located?
A. Mumbai, Bandra-Kurla Complex
B. New Delhi, Connaught Place
C. Bengaluru, Cambridge Layout
D. Chennai, Anna Salai
2. Which institute has partnered with the Jio Institute to unveil a faculty development programme in Artificial Intelligence and Data Science?
A. National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT)
B. University Grants Commission (UGC)
C. Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
D. All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)
3. To which country Luna-25 mission belongs to, which failed during its landing on Moon's south pole?
4. Who originally predicted the existence of the 'demon particle'?
A. J C Bose
B. Richard Prues
C. Abdul Kalam
D. David Pines
5. What sets the "Namoh 108" lotus flower variety developed by CSIR-NBRI apart from others?
A. Large size
B. Seasonal blooming pattern
C. Unique fragrance
D. Fully sequenced genome
6. Where is the trial of India's first hydrogen bus taking place by the Ministry of Power?
A. New Delhi
7. What is the emission threshold defined by the Green Hydrogen Standard for India?
A. 1 kg CO2 equivalent per kg H2
B. 2 kg CO2 equivalent per kg H2
C. 3 kg CO2 equivalent per kg H2
D. 4 kg CO2 equivalent per kg H2
8. Which banana variety native to Kanniyakumari has been granted a Geographical Indication (GI) tag?
A. Cavendish banana
B. Matti banana
C. Plantain banana
D. Apple banana
9. Where is the Kuldiha Wildlife Sanctuary located which was recently in the news because of illegal mining?
B. West Bengal
10. What is the name of Iran's latest domestically built drone?
11. What is the name of the school where AI school was introduced first time?
A. Santhigiri Vidyabhavan
B. Arafa Public School
C. Bappuji English Medium School
D. Assisi Vidya Niketan Public School
12. What is the CSIR Prima ET11, unveiled by the Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute (CMERI) recently?
A. e-Agriculture device
C. AI-driven Plough
D. Self-driving combine harvester
13. What is the term used to describe the rare occurrence of a hurricane and an earthquake happening simultaneously in Southern California?
14. Where was the Lander Hazard Detection and Avoidance Camera (LHDAC) developed?
A. NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory
B. European Space Agency (ESA)
C. ISRO’s Space Applications Centre (SAC)
D. Chinese National Space Administration (CNSA)
15. Which of the following countries has launched a program to combat desertification using artificial intelligence (AI)?
C. Saudi Arabia
16. What is the mission life of the Lander and Rover of Chandrayaan-3?
A. 24 Earth days
B. 16 Earth days
C. 14 Earth days
D. 20 Earth days
17. How many countries have successfully landed missions on the lunar surface before India?
18. What is the name of the irregular galaxy captured by the Hubble Space Telescope recently?
A. ESO 300-16
B. Donatiello II
D. AM 1214-255
19. Which organization has partnered with the Government of Telangana to infuse the Ethics of AI into artificial intelligence systems?
20. Which organization has partnered with IIT Bombay and the Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation to promote innovation in the field of green hydrogen?
A. Reliance Industries
B. GAIL India
C. HSBC India