TOURISM & TRAVELS
Tourism & Travels studies the physical, economic, social and cultural aspects of tourism, tourist markets, and destinations. It also studies the wider perspective of tourism as an interdisciplinary way drawing knowledge from several social science subjects.
1. Basic course in Travel Management. (3months / 6 months)
2. Diploma in Tourism Management
3. Diploma in International Airlines & Travel Management (IATA)
4. Masters in Tourism Administration
5. Post Graduate Diploma in Tourism & Travel.
10+2 with fluency in English, at least one foreign language & also 2 or 3 regional languages.
At post graduate level: Graduation in any discipline.
1. Indian Institute of Travel & Tourism Management, New Delhi
2. Indian Institute of Tourism and Travel Management, Gwalior
3. Annamalai University, Chennai
4. Kota Open University, Rajasthan
5. University of Kerala, Trivandrum
6. Pondicherry University, Puducherry
7. Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi (http://www.ignou.ac.in/)
**Disclaimer: The list of courses and that of Institutes/Universities is in no way exhaustive. These lists are only illustrative and are expected to generate enough curiosity in the child to want to inquire/explore further on the scope, possibilities, avenues, etc. for each of these courses and/or for looking for other options/areas that go beyond these courses. It may also be noted that most of these courses are also offered by several private institutions/universities. The reader is expected to further research on this. Efforts will be made to update the content to the extent possible.