Intermediate: 1st Year Botany Model Paper-2
Note: Read the following instructions carefully :
1) Answer all the questions of Section ‘A’ . Answer any six questions out of eight in
Section ‘B’ and answer any two questions out of three in Section ‘C’.
2) In Section ‘A’, questions from Sr.Nos. 1 to 10are of “Very Short AnswerType”. Each question carries two marks. Every answer may be limited to five lines.
Answerall the questions at one place in the same order.
3) In Section ‘B’ , questions from Sr. Nos. 11 to 18 are of “Short Answer Type”.
Each question carries four marks. Every answer may limited to 20 lines.
4) In Section ‘C’, questions from Sr. Nos 19 to 21 are of “Long AnswerType”.
Each question carries eight marks. Every Answer may be limited to 60 lines.
5) Draw labeled diagrams wherever necessary for questions in Section ‘B’and ‘C’.
Note : Answer all questions. Each answer may be limited to 5 lines. 10 x 2 = 20
1. What is the basic unit of classification? Define it.
2. What do the terms phycobiont and mycobiont signify?
3. Who discovered the cell and what was the book written by him?
4. What type of specialized roots are found in epiphytic plants? What is their function?
5. Differentiate between apocarpous and syncarpous ovary.
6. Write the floral formula of Solanum plant.
7. What is middle lamella made of? What is its functional significance?
8. Give one example for each of amino acids, sugars, nucleotides and fatty acids.
9. Given that the average duplication time of E. coli is 30 minutes. How muchtime will two E.coli cells take to become 128 cells?
10. Give any two examples of xerarch succession.
12. Give a brief account of prothallus.
13. List three strategies that a bisexual chasmogamous flower can evolve to prevent self pollination (autogamy).
14. Describe the essential floral parts of plants belonging to Liliaceae.
15. Describe structure and function of power houses of cell.
16. Schematically represent primary, secondary and tertiary structures of a hypothetical polymer using protein as an example.
17. Which division is necessary to maintain constant chromosome number in all body cell of multicellular organism and why?
18. List out the anatomical adaptations of hydrophytes.
Note: Answer any two questions. Each answer may be limited to 60 lines 2 x 8 =16
19. Explain how the stem is modified variously to perform different functions.
20. Draw the diagram of a microsporangium and label its wall layers. Write briefly about the wall layers.
21. Describe the T.S. of a Monocot stem.