CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship 2023 Notification
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) board is awarding scholarships to single-girl child candidates. The Xth pass students will be covered with an amount of Rs.500 per month for their educational expenses in Classes XI and XII.
Duration: 02 years
Scholarship Amount: Rs.500/- per month
CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship Eligibility:
- The nationality of the applicant should be Indian.
- The student should be a female and the only child of her parents.
- The girls who are born as twins, triplets or more and do not have any other sibling, brother or sister, other than the ones born together, are also eligible as per the norms of the Government.
- The students should be in Class XI or XII in a school that is affiliated with the Central Board of Secondary Education.
- The tuition fee of the school that the student is currently studying in must not exceed Rs. 1,500 per month.
- In the next two years, the increase in tuition should not be more than 10% of the present amount.
- The applicant should have passed the Class X board with at least 60% marks.
- NRI candidates can apply only if they are pursuing their education in a school that is affiliated with the CBSE board and they satisfy the rest of the conditions. The only difference is that the tuition fee of the school should not be more than Rs. 6,000 per month.
CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship Application Procedure
- Visit the official portal of the Central Board of Secondary Education or CBSE at www.cbse.gov.in.
- Tap on the option “Main Website” in the options that have been provided.
- The main portal for the board will open up. Scroll the home page to reach the elaborate menu.
- Tap on the option of “Scholarships" to open the web page of all the currently available scholarships.
- In the given tabular menu, check out the “Single Girl Child Scholarship – 2023 (Fresh Application)” under the “Types of Scholarship“.
- Click on “Apply Now“.
- The options pertaining to the application will open up.
- Tap on “SGC-X – Fresh Application” to apply as a new candidate.
- The fresh application form will open up. Verify the student’s candidature by entering the Class X Board Examination Roll Number and the date of Birth. Click on “Proceed“.
- If the entered information matches with the records of the CBSE, the applicant will receive the application form on the screen.
- Enter all the required information as asked in the application form.
- Finally, press “Submit” and print the application form after its submission.
CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship Last Date: October 18, 2023