13 new districts in Andhra Pradesh; Check their headquarters
- YS Jagan Mohan Reddy, the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, inaugurated 13 new districts in the state via video conference on April 4 in Tadepalli, Guntur district. As a result, there will be a total of 26 districts in the state.
- The new districts were created using Parliamentary constituencies as a guide. With the addition of 13 new districts, Andhra Pradesh now has a total of 26 districts.
- The following is a list of the new districts and their headquarters:
- Alluri Sitharama Raju District – Paderu
- Annamayya District – Rayachoty
- Anakapalli – Anakapalli
- Bapatla – Bapatla
- Eluru – Eluru
- Kakinada – Kakinada
- Kona Seema – Amalapuram
- Manyam District – Parvathipuram
- Nandyal – Nandyal
- NTR District – Vijayawada
- Palnadu – Narsaraopeta
- Sri Balaji District – Tirupati
- Sri Satyasai District – Puttaparthy
- As part of the 26 districts of Andhra Pradesh, there will now be 23 revenue divisions. The CM added that people have accepted and liked the decentralised system of government because the initiatives are given straight to their doorstep, and that the same is now being extended to the districts.
- The CM further mentioned that previously, one district served 38 lakh 15 thousand people, but today, with the establishment of 26 districts, each district will serve 19 lakh 7 thousand people.
Published date : 06 Apr 2022 06:42PM