Chessable Masters: R Praggnanandhaa Wins Over Magnus Carlsen for the 2nd time in 2022
- Indian GM Praggnanandhaa posted his second win over world champion Magnus Carlsen in 3 months at the Chessable Masters online rapid chess tournament.
- 16-year-old Praggnanandha beat Magnus Carlsen for the first time in February at Airthings Masters, an online rapid chess tournament.
- Praggnandha took his tally to 12 points while Carlsen was 2nd on the leader board behind China’s Wei Yi on Day 2 of the tournament.
- Abhimanyu Mishra, the youngest Grand Master in the world, is also part of the 16-man tournament.
- Praggnanandhaa had won with black pieces to end Carlsen’s 3-match winning run at the Airthings Masters in just 19 moves in a Tarrasch variation game.
Published date : 24 May 2022 05:52PM