India successfully conducts VL-SRSAM missile test off the coast of Odisha
- Off the coast of Chandipur, in the state of Odisha, India successfully tested the Vertical Launch Short Range Surface to Air Missile (VL-SRSAM). Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) and Indian Navy successfully conducted flight tests for the Vertical Launch Short Range Surface to Air Missile (VL-SRSAM). Off the coast of Chandipur, Odisha, the launch was carried out from an Indian Naval Ship.
- A ship-borne weapon system called VL-SRSAM is designed to eliminate close-range aerial threats such targets that skim the surface of the sea.
- A high-speed aerial target resembling an aeroplane was launched with the system, and it was effectively engaged.
- ITR, Chandipur deployed a variety of tracking sensors to track the vehicle’s flight path and health indicators. Senior representatives from the Indian Navy and DRDO kept an eye on the test launch.
- ShriRajnath Singh, the minister of defence, also expressed his gratitude to the DRDO, the Indian Navy, and the industry for the successful flight test and noted that the system’s additional armour will improve the ability of Indian naval ships to defend themselves from aerial threats.
Download Sakshi Education Mobile APP
Published date : 28 Jun 2022 03:38PM