NCRTC to receive India’s first Regional Rapid Transit System train set at Salvi
- At Alstom’s Savli project in Gujarat, the National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC) will receive India’s first semi-high-speed train set for Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS). Manoj Joshi, Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, will be present at the occasion.
- The RRTS train sets are produced under the Make in India initiative and can reach a top speed of 180 kilometres per hour. The train will be transported to Duhai Depot in Uttar Pradesh, where it will be repaired and operated.
- Cushioned seating, laptop-mobile charging, luggage racks, and a dynamic route-map are among the modern commuter-centric features of the completely air-conditioned train.
- The NCRTC is in charge of putting India’s first RRTS corridor between Delhi and Meerut into action. The 82-kilometer-long route is now under construction.
- The 17-kilometer priority segment between Sahibabad and Duhai is expected to be operational by 2023, with the entire corridor completed by 2025.
Published date : 07 May 2022 05:31PM