EAM S Jaishankar urges BRICS countries to make sincere efforts to reform UN Security Council, combat terrorism
- External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar has called upon BRICS nations to demonstrate their sincerity in reforming multilateral institutions including of the United Nations Security Council.
- The global environment today, demands that the BRICS nations approach key contemporary issues seriously, constructively, and collectively.
- The gathering must send out a strong message that the world is multipolar, that it is rebalancing, and that old ways cannot address new situations.
- Among the key threats to international peace and security is that of terrorism.
- The External Affairs Minister said, all nations must take resolute measures against this menace, including its financing and propaganda. It must be combated in all its forms and manifestations and never be condoned under any circumstances.
- At the heart of the problems we face, is economic concentration that leaves too many nations at the mercy of too few. This may be regarding production, resources, services or connectivity.
- India undertook the Voice of the Global South exercise to place these issues before the G20.
- India urges that BRICS give it consideration and promote the economic decentralization that is so essential to political democratization.
Download Sakshi Education Mobile APP
Published date : 02 Jun 2023 04:09PM