India - Rivers
Observe the map and answer the following questions
- Name the mountains in the middle of India.
A. Vindhya and Satpura mountains.
- On which side of India is Pakistan located?
A. On the north west side.
- Where is Doddabetta peak?
A. Doddabetta is (the highest peak) in the Nilagiri Hills.
- Where is the East Coastal plain located?
A. East coastal is between Eastern Ghats and Bay of Bengal.
- Name the parallel ranges of Himalayas.
A. Himadri, Himachal and Siwaliks.
- Where is Thar desert?
A. Thar desert is lies in North West of Aravali mountains in the state of Rajastan.
- Where do the Eastern and Western Ghats meet?
A. Eastern and Western Ghats meet at Nilagiri hills.
- Where is Malwa plateau?
A. Malwa plateau is extended mainly in Madhya Pradesh, mostly north of Vindhya sMountains.
- Name the important North Indian rivers.
A. Ganga, Yamuna, Brahmaputra, Indus etc are important North Indian rivers.
- Name the important peninsular rivers.
A. Narmada, Tapti, Mahanadi, Krishna, Godavari, Kaveri are important Peninsular rivers.
Published date : 30 Jan 2015 04:30PM