AP Tenth Class Physical Science Refraction of Light at Curved Surfaces(EM) Important Questions
1 MARKS QUESTIONS
4. REFRACTION OF LIGHT AT CURVED SURFACES
1. Give the characteristic properties of image formed by the object?
2. Write the lens makers formula and explain the terms in it?
3. Harsha tells Siddhu that the double convex lens behaves like a convergent lens. But Siddhu knows that Harsha's assertion is wrong and corrected Harsha by asking some questions. What are the questions asked by Siddhu?
4. Can virtual image be photographed by a camera?
5. A convex lens has focal length 15 cm. If the object is placed at a distance of 12cm from the lens. Where will the image formed and what kind of image is it?
2 MARKS QUESTIONS
1. Collect the information about lenses used by Galileo in his telescope?
2. Find the refractive index of the glass which is a symmetrical convergent lens if its focal length isequal to the radius of curvature of its surface.
3. Murali has taken two lenses with focal lengths F1 and F2 respectively. His friend Madhu asked him to find out the focal length.
1) Two lenses are touching each other.
2) They are separated by a distance'd' with common principle axis.
3) How do you find focal length of the lenses experimentally?
Let us assume a system that consists of two lenses with focal length f1 and f2 respectively. How do you find the focal length of the system experimentally, when
1) Two lenses are touching each other
2) They are separated by a distance'd' with common principal axis.
4. An object is placed at a distance 20 cm from a convex mirror of focal length 15 cm. Find the position and nature of the image?
5. A transparent sphere of radius Rand refractive index n is kept in air. At what distance from the surface of the sphere should a point object be placed on the principal axis so as to form a real image at the same distance from the second surface of the sphere?
6. Draw the ray diagram of formation of an image by using the convex lens, when the object is placed beyond the centre of curvature?
4 MARKS QUESTIONS
1. How do you find the focal length of the lens experimentally?
2. Collect the information about lenses used by Galileo in his telescope?
3. How do you appreciate the coincidence of the experimental facts with the results obtained by a ray diagram in terms of behavior of images formed by lenses?