AP Tenth Class Physical Science Electricity(EM) Important Questions
1 MARKS QUESTIONS
1. What is the value of 1KWH in Joules?
2. Why do we consider tungsten as a suitable material for making the filament of a bulb?
3. If the resistance of your body is 100000 what would be the current that flow in your body when you touch the terminals of a 12V battery?
4. What apparatus are required to study the relation between resistance and length of the conductors?
5. A bulb marked 80W and 120 V. Find the resistance of the bulb?
6. Draw the symbol of Battery, Rheostat and Resistance?
7. What do you mean by short circuit? Why does a short circuit damage electric wiring and devices connected to it?
2 MARKS QUESTIONS
2. Why did we use fuses in household circuits?
3. Why should we connect the electric appliances in parallel to household circuit? What happens if they are connected in series?
4. How can you appreciate the role of a small fuse in house wiring circuit in preventing damage to various electrical appliances connected to the circuit?
5. A car head light uses 40W when it release lesser light and uses 50W when it releases more light. In which case the resistance is more ? Explain?
6. What are ohmic and non-ohmic conductors? Give some examples for them?
7. During the rainy season the power supply to our home from the electrical pole will interrupted. Why? How do you restore the current?
8. What happens to our body if we touches a current wire of 240V?
4 MARKS QUESTIONS
1. How do you verify that resistance of a conductor is proportional to the length of the conductor for constant cross section area and temperature?
2. Deduce the expression for the equivalent resistance of the three resistors connected in series..
3. Deduce the expression for the equivalent resistance of the three resistors connected in parallels.
4. Suppose that you have three resistors each of value 30 . How many resistors can you obtain by various combinations of these three resistors? Draw diagrams in support of your predictions.
5. State Ohm's law. Suggest an experiment to verify it and explain the procedure.
6. Observe the circuit and answer the questions given below.