COLOURS and WORDS
అన్ని భాషల్లో రంగులతో పదాలు ఉంటాయి. తెలుగులో, పచ్చని జీవితం, నీలినీడలు, తెల్లముఖం మొదలైనవి.
- White lie: A lie implies personal deception for personal gain, while a white lie implies deception for a kind purpose.
- Blue moon: a rare phenomenon, happening very rarely
- Red carpet: used for a grand welcome
- Blue Revolution: The concept of rapid increase in the production of fish and marine products through package programme is called as Blue Revolution. It was a Govt of India sponsored project launched in 1985.
- White Revolution, known as Operation Flood, was launched in 1970 on the initiative by National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) which ultimately transformed India from a milk deficient nation into one of the world's largest milk producers.
- The Green Revolution, is a set of research technology transfer initiatives in 1960's that increased agricultural production worldwide, particularly in the developing world.
- Yellow Journalism: Yellow Journalism is the concept of reporting ordinary news in sensational ways and reporting in a biased way. It has reached dangerous levels in the recent past.
- Blue eyed boy: Someone's blue-eyed boy is a young man who they like better than anyone else and receives better treatment than other people. It is another expression for 'most favourite person'.
- White Paper is an official report on a complex issue giving the status quo. Opposition parties often insist on releasing a White Paper.
- Gray Lie: Most of the lies we tell are gray lies, partly to help others and partly to help ourselves.
Published date : 18 Feb 2020 04:50PM