Introduction to Aerospace Structures and Materials online course
The Introduction to Aerospace Structures and Materials is a free online course offered by Delft University of Technology conducted by the Edx. Explore the structural and material design of aircraft and spacecraft from the viewpoint of an aerospace engineer.
About this course
- How do you design an aircraft or spacecraft? And in doing so, how do you keep the risk of failure minimal while bearing in mind that they will eventually fail?
- In this course you will be taken on a journey through the structural and material design of aircraft.
- You will see and understand how aircraft and spacecraft are manufactured, and learn how safety is enshrined at every stage.
What you'll learn
- How aerospace structures are designed and why particular choices are made
- Which materials are used and the reasons for using them
- How to explain loads and stresses aerospace structures have to withstand
- How aircraft and spacecraft are manufactured
- The safety philosophies that are used in aerospace structural design and how they affect design choices
- How to create preliminary design solutions for structural design problems
Duration: 8 weeks
Timings: 4 – 6 hours per week