Ph.D Admission in National Institute of Technology Warangal: Check Important Dates
The Ph.D. Programs in Full-time (FT) and Part-time (PT) modes, are offered in the following Departments:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- School of Management
Eligibility Criteria: First class with 60% aggregate or 6.5 CGPA at both UG and PG for GEN/ GEN-EWS/ OBCNCL category and minimum 55% aggregate marks or 6.0 CGPA for candidates under SC/ ST/ PwD category.
Engineering Departments: Master’s/ M.S. (by Research) degree in Engineering/Technology in the appropriate branch of study. All candidates must have qualified in GATE (not a compulsion for part-time scholars). OR Bachelor’s in Engineering/ Technology with valid GATE score and at least CGPA of 8.0/10 or 75% of marks under GEN/GEN-EWS/OBC-NCL category and at least CGPA of 7.5/10 or 70% for candidates under SC/ST/PwD category.
Science Departments: Master’s degree in the relevant discipline of Science (Mathematics/ Physics/ Chemistry)/ B.Tech or equivalent degree/ M.Tech or equivalent degree. All candidates must have qualified in GATE/ UGC/ CSIR/ INSPIRE/ NET (not a compulsion for part-time scholars).
Humanities: Master’s degree in the relevant discipline of English. All candidates must have qualified in GATE/ UGC/ NET (not a compulsion for part-time scholars).
School of Management: Master’s degree in Business Administration. All candidates must have qualified in CAT/ GATE/ UGC-NET (not a compulsion for part-time scholars).
Fee: The proof of payment of registration fee (Rs. 1600/- for GEN/ GEN-EWS/ OBC-NCL and Rs.800/- for SC/ ST/ PwD candidates) must accompany the application form.
Selection Method: selected through an Institute entrance test and/ or an interview, as per the discretion of the Department.
How to Apply: Application form is to be submitted online: https://admissions.nitw.ac.in/register/?next=/
• Announcement of inviting Applications: 14th November, 2022
• Last date to receive applications: 4 th December, 2022
• Last date to receive the list of shortlisted candidates from the Departments: 11th December, 2022
• Announcement of shortlisted candidates for Written Test: 12th December, 2022
• Dates of Written Test/Interview: 20th to 24th December 2022
• Last date to receive the list of selected candidates from the Departments: 26th December, 2022
• Announcement of selected candidates: 28th December, 2022
For more Details, please visit https://nitw.ac.in/api/static/files/PhD_Brochure_nov_18_2022-10-18-10-10-55.pdf