Skip to main content

Preparation Tips for NEET Chemistry

  1. It is the correct time for revising the previously practiced concpts throughly without wasting time.In national wise examinations generally priority given to MCQ;s related to concepts and basic principles. So, improve the command on the concepts.
  2. Nearly 80% of questions in the final NEET will bevery easy and in the remaining 20%( i.e9 questions), 3 to4 questions are moderately difficult and the remaining may bemost difficult.Don’t get panic becauseeven by neglecting the difficulty questions, stillwe can get more than 128—140 markswhich is a wonderful achievement.Hence you are advised to concentrate more on known questions and mark the answers first and try to answer the remaining as many as possible.
  3. While writing the examination take care about the time management. If the question paper may be lengthy or very easy either the way the students should not become anxious,depending on the standard of the paper divide the time to the respective subjects and complete all the subjects with in the alloted time strictly.
  4. Be confident and atempt the examination with cool set of mind.
  5. Be serious, sincere and attentive for all the three hours of exam as majority of the students loose the best rank by committing silly mistakes rather than the conceptual mistakes. If so you can manage time and cut down silly mistakes you are bound to win.
  6. Assertion, Reason questions should be given special importance. Also watch the options for the following questions as they may be jumbled or a new options (as both ‘A’ or ‘R’ false) maybe added.
  7. MCQ;s from Inorganic part are mostly memory based. So practice the names, formulae of various compounds, their preparation methods along with physical and chemical properties thoroughly. preparing the general trends in the properties of hydrides,oxides carbonates and halides in all the groups.Focus on selective topics from all the chapters.
  8. MCQ;s from physical chemistry part involve both conceptual and list out all the formulae related to the chapters solutions, chemicalequilibrium, kinetics, electrochemistry, thermodynamics, basic principles of chemistry, ionic equilibrium, states of matter etc into one book and revise them dialy. This may improve your confidence level in problem solvation. Try to do the numericals in a systamatic order on the paper such that you can go through them to prevent any numerical errors.
  9. For MCQ’s related to Biomolecules,Chemistry in every day life. Polymers, surface chemistry practice from CBSE text books.
  10. MCQ;sfrom organic chemistry related to Reaction mechanisms, isomerism , IUPAC naming, Interconversions, Named reactions etc. Regular practice is thebetter way to make easy this part.
  11. Practicing the previous papers of AFMC,AIPMT,AIIMS would enhance the success rate.
  12. Don’t commit any simple mistake knowingly
  13. Attempt questions carefully as there is negative marking. Do not guess any question without knowing.
  14. Aviod the preparation of new topic at this point of time.
Published date : 27 Apr 2013 02:03PM

Photo Stories