International Day of Persons with Disabilities; Check Its Importance
Every year, International Day of Persons with Disabilities is celebrated on December 3 by the United Nations and several other organisations spread all over the world.
This year the day is celebrated with the following theme
- Theme: “Leadership and participation of persons with disabilities toward an inclusive, accessible and sustainable post-COVID-19.
- The International Day of Persons with Disability was first proclaimed by the United Nations General Assembly in 1992. It aims to promote well-being and rights of the persons with disabilities and increase the awareness of situation of persons with disabilities in social, political, economic and cultural life.
- There are more than 1 billion persons with disabilities in the world. Of these 80% live in developing countries.
- Of the disabled persons in the world, 46% are older than 60 years.
- The persons with disabilities are among the hardest hit by COVID-19.
Published date : 03 Dec 2021 06:24PM