Padma Awards 2021; complete list
On the eve of the 72nd Republic Day, India rewarded 119 people from different fields through the Padma Awards.
These awards were awarded by the President of India in a ceremony held in Rashtrapati Bhawan.
- In 2021, the President approved the award of 119 Padma Awards. In the list, there are 7 Padma Vibhushan, 10 Padma Bhushan and 102 Padma Shri awards. The number of winning women is 29.
- It also includes 10 people from foreigners or NRI or PIO or OCI categories, 16 post-death winners and 1 transgender winner. Shri Ram Vilas Paswan was awarded the Bihar Public Affairs Award (after death).
- Padma Awards is one of the highest civilian awards in the country. The award is divided into three categories, namely Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri.
- It is offered in various disciplines and fields of activity, including art, public affairs, social work, trade and industry, sports, science and engineering, medicine, literature, education and civil service.
- Padma Vibhushan: This is the second-highest civilian award in the Republic of India. The award was established on January 2, 1954. The award aims to recognize "excellent and outstanding service." It does not distinguish race, occupation, position or gender. This award is an award for excellence and service excellence. SatyendraNath Bose, ZakirHussain, BalasahebGangadharKher, NandLal Bose received the award in 1954.
- In the Republic day 2021, this award was given to:
- ShriShinzo Abe –– Japan (Public Affairs)
- Shri S P Balasubramaniam (Posthumous) –– Tamil Nadu (Art)
- ShriSudarshanSahoo –– Odisha (Art)
- Belle MonappaHegde –– Karnataka (Medicine)
- Shri B. B. Lal Others –– Delhi (Archaeology)
- ShriNarinder Singh Kapany (Posthumous) –– United States of America (Science and Engineering)
- MaulanaWahiduddin Khan ––– Delhi (Spiritualism)
- Padma Bhushan: This is the third-highest civilian award in India. The award was established on January 2, 1954. In 2021, 10 were awarded Padma Bhushan.
- Padma Shri: Padma Shri is the 4th highest civilian award in India. Since 1954, the government of the Republic of India has awarded the award every year. In 2021, 102 were awarded Padma Shri.
Published date : 27 Jan 2021 03:50PM