AP EAPCET 2021 Seat Allotment; Demand for New Engineering Courses Increases!!
Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) stood at second place, and Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE) in third place. In fourth place was Mechanical Engineering. Enrollment in newly introduced courses in Data Science, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Software Engineering, Internet of Things (IoT), Design, Computer Networking, Automation, etc. has increased more than ever. However, seats that have not yet been filled in some branches.
AP EAPCET 2021: No. of unfilled seats after allotment:
- Computer Science and Engineering: 1,069
- CSE (Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning): 477
- CSE (Data Science): 444
- CSE (Artificial Intelligence): 222
- CSE (Cyber Security): 115
- Computer Science and Engineering (Internet of Things): 124
- CSE (Business System): 6
- CSE (IoT Cyber Security with Black Chain Technology): 7
- CSE (Artificial Intelligence Data Science): 22
- CSE Information Technology: 15
- Computer Science and Technology: 4
- CSE Design: 34
- Cyber security: 62
- Computer Science and Systems Engineering: 1
- CSE with cloud computing specialization: 6
- CSE (IoT, Automation): 40
- CSE (Big Data Analytics): 0
- Computer network: 0
- CSE Bioscience: 1
- Computer Engineering (Software Engineering): 1
Allocation of seats on merit basis in ‘B’ category for the first time
In the past, ‘B’ category seats were filled by the respective colleges. Reservations were made for those who paid the prescribed fee, regardless of merit, so that those who came to the rank of merit in the entrance examination were unable to get these seats. Reservations were also not enforceable. With this, the seats for BCs, SCs, STs and women in the respective categories were reserved for other students. As a result poor merit students were severely disadvantaged. In view of this, the government has also allotted the ‘B’ category seats in the convener quota from this academic year. Convener counseling was conducted in combination with the surplus seats in the NRI quota in the ‘B’ category and the seats in the non-NRI quota. This time, the reserved merit candidates in the respective colleges got the opportunity. 13,564 seats were allotted in the ‘B’ category counselling.
Also Read: AP EAPCET 2021 Seat Allotment: These Branches Have Less Than 100 Students!!
AP EAPCET: Total 1,12,699 seats
- Of the total 1,12,699 seats in engineering colleges in the state, 80,935 seats were filled in the first phase counseling. Most of these seats are in computer science and topped the list. Out of a total of 24,904 seats in CSE, 23,835 seats were allotted in the first phase. Only 1,069 were unfilled. ]
- Of the 23,977 seats in the ECE, 20,275 were filled. There are still 3,702 seats left.
- Of the total 12,678 seats in Mechanical Engineering, 4,760 were filled while 7,918 remained.
- Similarly, out of 10,931 seats in EEE, 6,410 seats were filled while 4,521 seats remained.
- Of the 9,904 seats in civil engineering, 4,455 seats were filled while 5,449 seats remained vacant.
Also Read: These Colleges Didn't Get Even a Single Seat after AP EAPCET 1st Phase Counselling