Nikhat Zareen becomes 5th Indian to win Gold at Women's World Boxing Championships
- India's Nikhat Zareen won the gold medal at Women's World Boxing Championships, defeating Thailand's Jitpong Jutamas in 52kg final.
- Nikhat becomes the fifth Indian women's boxer after Mary Kom, Sarita Devi, Jenny RL and Lekha KC to win gold at the World Championships.
- The 25-year-old Zareen is a former junior youth world champion.
- She is from Nizamabad (Telangana).
- With Manisha (57kg) and Parveen (63kg) winning bronze medals, Indian contingent concluded its campaign with three medals at the world's biggest boxing event.
- World Boxing Championships were held in Istanbul, Turkey from 8 to 20 May 2022
Weekly Current Affairs Bit Bank (Sports): Which team has won the 71st Men's Senior National Basketball Championship?
Published date : 20 May 2022 06:09PM