Scorpene-class Submarine ‘VAGSHEER’ inaugurated at Mazagon Dock Limited
- The Indian Navy launched the sixth and last submarine, Yard 11880, of the French Scorpene-class under Project 75, at the KanhojiAngre Wet Basin of Mazagon Dock Limited (MDL) in Mumbai. The submarine has been named ‘Vagsheer’. The submarine will now undergo rigorous harbour trials and sea trials, before being commissioned in the Indian Navy. These submarines are designed by French naval defence and energy company ‘DCNS’ while Mazagon Dock Limited, Mumbai has manufactured them.
List of other submarines under Scorpene-class submarines:
- First submarine: INS Kalvari- commissioned on 14 December 2017.
- Second : INS Khanderi – September 2019
- Third: INS Karanj – March 2021
- Fourth: INS Vela – November 2021
- Fifth: INS Vagir- launched in November 2020 and is undergoing sea trials.
Published date : 22 Apr 2022 06:03PM