INS Visakhapatnam dedicated to the City of Destiny
- On February 27, 2022, India’s indigenous INS Visakhapatnam was dedicated to the City of Destiny, formally.
- The destroyer was dedicated by Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Jagan Mohan Reddy, in a formal ceremony at the Naval Dockyard.
- It has been designed, developed and built indigenously in India.
- It has been named after the City of Destiny.
- It is on her first visit to the City of Destiny for Ex MILAN-22 and Presidential Fleet Review.
- INS Visakhapatnam was commissioned in 2021. It will help the Indian Navy in dealing with emerging threats in Indian Ocean Region (IOR). This destroyer is made in India and has onboard state of the art weapons and sensors as well as modern surveillance radars. The destroyer will also augment the mobility, flexibility and reach of Indian Navy.
- INS Visakhapatnam was built with the objective of keeping the Indo-Pacific open, safe & secure. This destroyer would help the Indian Navy in strengthening maritime security.
Published date : 03 Mar 2022 06:13PM