Skip to main content

AP among states picked to pilot digital crop survey

AP among states picked to pilot digital crop survey
  • Centre has picked Andhra Pradesh along with 10 other states. The survey is being taken up to integrate the crop data for better enumeration and estimations. Digital Crop Survey (DCS) concept has been cleared by the Digital Agriculture ministry. Centre is taking 60 per cent financial burden to implement the project while state government has been asked to share the remaining 40 per cent.
  • The Centre also signed an agreement with six states -- Assam, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh -- to begin the digital crop survey. The agreement was signed at a workshop organised by the Union agriculture ministry to discuss with state governments the implementation plan of the digital crop survey.
  • On the occasion, a manual for web portal and mobile application for digital crop survey was unveiled.
  • The project aims to create one verified source of truth about the farmer and his/her crop-sown data.


                         >> Download Current Affairs PDFs Here


                              Download Sakshi Education Mobile APP

Sakshi Education Mobile App
Published date : 23 Jun 2023 03:59PM

Photo Stories