Andhra Pradesh: AP CM Jagan launched Vidya Deevena at Bapatla on August 11
- Chief Minister Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy, at a public meeting in Bapatla, released ₹694 crore into accounts of the mothers of 11.02 lakh students belonging to BC, SC and ST communities under the JaganannaVidyaDeevena scheme.
- Students pursuing higher education in junior, vocational, and professional colleges will get their quarterly fee reimbursed.
- With this, the government will be paying a total of ₹11,715 crore under the VidyaDeevena and VasatiDeevena schemes, including arrears of ₹1,778 crore kept pending by the previous government.
- The YSRCP government has been releasing the quarterly tranche under the VidyaDeevena scheme since 2019 to ensure students have money to pay the college fee. Under VasatiDeevana, the students get ₹20,000 every year to meet thir board and lodging expenses.
- Of the 11.02 lakh students, there are 2.17 lakh SCs, 45,450 STs, 5.30 lakh BCs, 1.02 lakh Kapus, and 70,984 minorities.
Download Sakshi Education Mobile APP
Published date : 12 Aug 2022 05:01PM