World Air Power Index 2022: Check Indian Air Force Rank
- World Directory of Modern Military Aircraft (WDMMA) has released the World Air Powers Ranking of 2022.
- The Indian Air Force (IAF) has been placed at the third position on the World Air Power Index in terms of the total fighting strength of the various air services of different nations of the world.
- This report has placed the Indian Air Force (IAF) above the Chinese Aviation based armed forces (PLAAF), Japan Air Self-Preservation Power (JASDF), Israeli Aviation based armed forces, and French Air and Space Power. The report says that the Indian Air Force (IAF) currently counts 1,645 total units in its active aircraft inventory.
- The Global Air Powers Ranking (2022) report has given the highest TvR score to the United States Air Force (USAF). It comprises a broad mix of aircraft types and many products are locally sourced from the massive industrial base of the country. The highest attainable TvR score is 242.9 held by the United States Air Force (USAF).
- In addition, it maintains dedicated strategic-level bombers, a sizeable helo, CAS aircraft, fighter force and hundreds of transport aircraft and the USAF will be reinforced in the coming days with hundreds of units still on order.
- The report has evaluated the total fighting strength of the various air forces of different nations of the world and ranked them accordingly. Currently, WDMMA is following 98 nations, covering 124 air administrations and following 47,840 aeroplanes.
Published date : 25 May 2022 06:11PM