Cheetah going to be to back in India after 74 years
- Cheetahs are coming back to India! Coming From Namibia by special flight to their new home Kuno National Park in Madhya Pradesh.
- India is going to be home once again to the majestic presence of cheetah, the world’s fastest land animal.
- State government of Madhya Pradesh has declared Kuno as a National Park. It is underway to become second home for Asiatic lions. Recently, Supreme Court mentioned that African Cheetah from Namibia can be introduced in India.
- KunoPalpur Wildlife Sanctuary is underway to become India’s second home for the Asiatic lion.
- It is to prevent decline, and possible extinction, in a single habitat due to natural disasters, epidemics, decline in prey or retaliatory killings.
- Kuno’s habitats have been fine-tuned for these new entrants with abundant populations of herbivores like nilgai, chital, sambhar and chinkara, who are the lions’ natural prey.
- Geographically, Kuno also features the same kind of semi-arid vegetation in Gir, as it is under the same biogeographic zone. This should make the transition more seamless for the lions.
- The introduction of lions at Kuno is happening 29 years after it was first proposed.
Weekly Current Affairs (Awards) Bitbank: Who has authored the book titled- Ashtang Yoga?
>> Download Current Affairs PDFs Here
Download Sakshi Education Mobile APP
Published date : 17 Sep 2022 06:06PM