Intermediate: 1st Year Botany Model Paper-1
Note :Read the following instructions carefully :
1) Answer all the questions of Section ‘A’ . Answer any six questions out of eight in
Section ‘B’ and answer any two questions out of three in Section ‘C’.
2) In Section ‘A’, questions from Sr.Nos. 1 to 10are of “Very Short AnswerType”. Each question carries two marks. Every answer may be limited to five lines.
Answerall the questions at one place in the same order.
3) In Section ‘B’ , questions from Sr. Nos. 11 to 18 are of “Short Answer Type”.
Each question carries four marks. Every answer may limited to 20 lines.
4) In Section ‘C’, questions from Sr. Nos 19 to 21 are of “Long AnswerType”.
Each question carries eight marks. Every Answer may be limited to 60 lines.
5) Draw labeled diagrams wherever necessary for questions in Section ‘B’and ‘C’.
Note : Answer all questions. Each answer may be limited to 5 lines. 10 x 2 = 20
1. Define metabolism. What is the difference between anabolism and catabolism?
2. What are slime molds? Explain what is meant by plasmodium with reference to slime molds.
3. Who are Herbalists? What are the books written by them?
4. What is the morphology of cup like structure in Cyathium? In which family it is found?
5. Differentiate actinimorphic from zygomorphic flower.
6. What is ‘Omega Taxonomy?
7. What is the significance of vacuole in a plant cell?
8. Explain the zwitterionic form of an amino acid.
9. If a tissue has at a given time 512 cells. How many cycles of mitosis had the original parental single cell undergone?
10. Climax stage is achieved quickly in secondary succession as compared to primary succession. Why?
Note: Answer any six questions. Each answer may be limited to 20 lines. 6 x 4 = 24
11. Give salient features and importance ofChrysophytes.
12. Differentiate between red algae and brown algae.
13. Write briefly about the different types of ovules.
14. Give an account of floral diagram.
15. Give a brief account of type of chromosomes based on their position of centromere
16. Nucleic acid exhibits secondary structure. Justify with example.
17. Explain prophase I of meiosis
18. What are hydrophytes ? Briefly discuss the different kinds of hydrophytes with examples.
Note: Answer any two questions. Each answer may be limited to 60 lines 2 x 8 =16
19. Define root modifications. Explain how the root is modified to perform different functions.
20. With a neat, labelled diagram, describe the parts of a mature angiosperm embryo sac.Mention the role of synergids.
21. Describe the T.S of a dicot stem.