AP Tenth Class Physical Science Acids, Bases and Salts(EM) Important Questions
1 MARKS QUESTIONS
2.ACIDS, BASES AND SALTS
1. You want to convert the alcohol into acid. What are the oxidizing agents you choose?
2. What is baking powder? How does it make the cake soft and spongy?
3. Give two important uses of washing soda and baking soda.
4. While diluting an acid, why is it recommended that the acid should be added to water and not water to the acid?
5. What will happen if the pH value in our body increases?
6. What happens when an acid or base is mixed with water?
2 MARKS QUESTIONS
1. What is a neutralization reaction? Give two examples?
2. Why does tooth decay start when the pH of mouth is lower than 5.5?
3. Plaster of Paris should be stored in moisture - proof container. Explain why?
4. Fresh milk has a pH of 6. How does the pH change as it turns to curd? Explain your answer.
4 MARKS QUESTIONS
- Compounds such as alcohols and glucose contain hydrogen but are not categorized as acids. Describe an activity to prove it.