Arturo Falaschi Short-term Postdoctoral Fellowships 2023
ICGEB offers Short-term fellowships for Postdoctoral studies in ICGEB Component laboratories to fund ongoing collaborative research between scientists from ICGEB Member States and research groups at ICGEB laboratories in Trieste, Italy, New Delhi, India and Cape Town, South Africa, with the aim of facilitating access to the latest research techniques and to strengthen capacity building.
- Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State and may not apply for fellowships to be undertaken in their country of origin, unless they have been working abroad for, at least, the last 3 years and at the time of application.
- Degree requirements: applicants should hold a recent PhD in Life Sciences or have at least 3 years research experience.
- Preference is given to candidates below the age of 35.
- Thanks to the contribution of the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS) within the framework of the BIOTECHNET initiative (AID n. 12098), dedicated resources are available for candidates from Ethiopia and Djibouti applying to the ICGEB Call for short-term Postdoctoral Fellowships.
- Duration: 1- 6 months
- Monthly stipend: Trieste (Italy): Euro 2,000, New Delhi (India): US$ 1,590, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 23,000.
- Travel: the fellowship includes provision for travel expenses from the participant’s home country to the ICGEB lab at the beginning of the fellowship and a return travel provision upon completion of the fellowship.
- Medical health insurance coverage is provided for the duration of the fellowship.
- Visa/permit of stay application and renewal costs are reimbursed.
- ICGEB makes no financial provision, nor can it provide administrative support for family members of participants in the programme.
- The ICGEB Fellowships Selection Committee will evaluate complete applications received by the closing date.
- The candidates will be notified of the outcome by e-mail as soon as possible following the closing date for applications.
- The main criteria for selection include the scientific excellence of the project, the qualities of the candidate’s CV and the potential benefit for the home country.
Documents to be uploaded
Please note that you will be requested to upload the following documents (pdf files):
- Your full CV
- Written Statement from the ICGEB Group Leader
- A valid identification document (passport or identity card). Recommended passport validity should be 12 months at least.
- English Certificate (TOEFL, Cambridge or similar). This document is not requested when scholastic education has been undertaken in English.
- Applicants should contact the ICGEB Group Leader/PI of their choice with a motivation letter, to determine availability of laboratory space and to define the research project proposal that will form an integral part of the application.
- Please note that the written statement from the ICGEB Group Leader you have contacted and who is willing to support your project is mandatory to apply.
How to Apply?
- Please complete this application online.
- Only one application per call is accepted for each candidate.
Last Date: March 31, 2023
For more details, please visit: https://www.icgeb.org/fellowships/arturo-falaschi-short-term-postdoc-fellowships/
Also Check: 9394 Jobs in LIC Recruitment 2023; Check Zone Wise Vacancies!!!