What is a vacuum bomb?
Recently, Ukraine and human rights groups have accused Russia of using cluster bombs and vacuum bombs. The use of weapons have been condemned by international organisations like Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch.
What is a Vacuum Bomb?
In this context, let us know what is a vacuum bomb and how it effects.
- Vacuum bomb is also known as thermobaric weapon or aerosol bomb
- Vacuum bomb uses the effects of temperature and pressure on the target
- It sucks in oxygen from the surrounding air to generate a high-temperature explosion
- It operates in 2 stages.
- In the 1st stage munition: Aerosols are distributed, which are tiny metal particles
- In the 2nd stage: it ignites that cloud creating a shock wave sucking up the oxygen and making a vacuum around its target.
- It emits ultrasonic shockwaves and then the temperature suddenly rises so much in a large area after the explosion
- Scientists claim that vacuum bomb blast wave lasts significantly longer than traditional explosives.
- These bombs are capable of exploding with the power of 44 tons of TNT
All About NATO
Published date : 02 Mar 2022 03:38PM